Tempe Personal Injury Attorneys
Whether it was you or someone you love who was involved in a Tempe personal injury accident, you know it can be devastating. There's no two ways about it: you and your family will feel frustration, confusion, sometimes desperation, pain, anger, uncertainty, and the financial pinch that comes with injuries caused by someone else's ignorance. Most of how you feel will depend on the severity of your injuries. Your feelings of what are you supposed to do when your life is turned upside down by another person's actions will vary depending on how you are feeling and what feedback you have received from the negligent party. What can you do? Read on for some tips and then consider reaching out to a skilled Tempe personal injury attorney at The Husband & Wife Law Team at (480) 753-4534 to help you with your recovery and to get the compensation you and your family need in order to put your lives back together again.
- Get to the doctor immediately, whether that means going to the emergency room, the hospital, or your own doctor - many times our clients are brought by ambulance to the hospital due to the severity of their injuries;
- Get rest. Trying to go to work or do the things you normally do can cause more injuries, or worsen the injuries you already have;
- Collect everything you can, or have someone do it for you from the accident. This means photos, police reports, medical documents, witness information, and the contact information, and insurance information, for the person who hurt you;
- Make sure if you have health insurance that your medical providers are billing your health insurance;
- If you are missing work, as silly as it may sound, it is important to have a lost wage note from the doctor;
- Do not give a recorded statement or speak to the adverse insurance company until you speak to an attorney; and
- Contact an attorney, even if you don't think you need one just to go over your options so you are fully informed when you make decisions on how to push forward with your claim.
A person's negligent actions can result in a variety of accidents, differing from case to case. Accidents can occur anywhere, even in seemingly safe places, but some locations and circumstances lend themselves to incredibly dangerous accidents. A personal injury accident or wrongful death in Tempe can result from any of the following:
- Construction site accident;
- Car crash;
- Pestrian accident;
- Truck collision;
- Motorcycle accident;
- Nursing home abuse or neglect;
- Slip and fall accident; and
- Dog bite.
Negligence or reckless behavior can cause a wide range of traffic collisions, workplace accidents, and various other incidents where a person or group of people is injured. In everyday life, people are typically entrusted with acting in a safe and reasonable manner that does not endanger others. These rules of safety include such decisions as not driving drunk, safely operating the machinery one is in charge of, and not ignoring the responsibility to ensure a property is free of hazards. When a person acts against these common rules, they put unsuspecting bystanders in harm's way.
A negligent or reckless party cannot estimate the injuries that they cause since the results of an accident are often left up to chance. The results of a Tempe car accident can differ wildly depending on the factors involved and the same goes for any other accident that can cause injuries. The wide array of personal injuries caused by negligent actions includes:
- Sprained limbs and joints;
- Cuts and bruises;
- Nerve damage;
- Fractured and/or broken bones;
- Brain/head injury;
- Neck injury;
- Loss of limb;
- Paralysis; and
- Spinal cord injury.
Personal injuries result in a variety of medical care that can range from a doctor's appointment to a long-term hospital stay. A variety of medical costs result from injuries as hospital stays, emergency medical care, and rehabilitation can cost a shockingly substantial amount of money. When a person is injured due to another's reckless and negligent behavior, his or her entire life can be turned upside down. The emotional toll of injuries can be devastating to a person and his or her family, but the financial cost can create an even worse situation.
In order to carry on with life after a devastating injury, victims must seek compensation from the negligent party. Winning the sufficient compensation for your injuries or continuing financial needs is a complicated and difficult process. As such, an injured party needs an experienced and dedicated lawyer to gather evidence, prove the responsible party's negligence, and fight for his or her rightful compensation.
Many people think that they won't need an attorney after being injured and when the injury is very minor, people generally do not need an attorney. Even when injuries are minor, it cannot hurt to know your rights from an experienced injury lawyer. For sure though when people are seriously injured, it is very important that you speak to an attorney to understand the laws and know the impact these laws can have on your case. The last thing you want to do is jeopardize your rights after you have been hurt by someone else’s negligence. Call The Husband & Wife Law Team for a no cost review of your case. Our lawyers will look at every aspect of your case and help you decide how to move forward, whether that is to file a claim, a lawsuit or to give you advice on how you can handle your claim on your own. Get the right answers right now. Call The Husband & Wife Law Team at (480) 753-4534.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.