Tucson Drunk Driving Accident Victim Attorneys
Holding Negligent Drivers Accountable inTucson
Too often, when an intoxicated person gets behind the wheel of a car, innocent people end up paying the price. This type of behavior is unacceptable, but, sadly, drunk drivers seriously or fatally injure other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians every day. Following a drunk driving accident, it is important for the victim to review all of his or her legal options.
If you or someone you love was injured by a drunk driver in Tucson, you may be able to recover compensation in an accident claim. Our Tucson drunk driving accident attorneys can sit down with you in a free consultation and listen to what happened to you. We can go over the details of the collision, determine how you can get compensation for your injuries, and advocate for your best interests in an accident claim. The Husband & Wife Law Team has the expertise and knowledge to get you proper compensation for your injuries. Call us today at (520) 624-4228 for a free consultation.
How Drunk Drivers Cause Collisions
Alcohol and other drugs are involved in approximately 40% of all fatal traffic crashes every year, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Alcohol impairment significantly reduces essential driving skills, including:
- Reaction time: Drinking makes a driver drowsy and less alert. It impairs the ability to process information and respond quickly in critical driving situations.
- Judgment: Alcohol affects areas of the brain that control judgment, making drunk driving very dangerous.
- Vision: Consumption of alcohol can blur the vision, cause double vision, and slow down the ability to focus. It can also reduce ability to judge distance, movement, and speed of other vehicles. Driving drunk can lead to wandering between lanes, drifting across the centerline, or running off the roadway.
- Color distinction: While driving, we get a lot of roadway information from different colors, such as colors of traffic signals, roadway signs, and road markings. Alcohol impairs the ability to distinguish colors.
Serious Risks to Pedestrians
In a collision caused by a drunk driver, pedestrians are more likely to suffer serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries. In 2017, approximately once every 88 minutes, a pedestrian was killed in a traffic accident in the U.S., as reported by CDC. Nearly half (47%) of the accidents that killed pedestrians involved alcohol consumption by the driver, the pedestrian, or both. Of these fatal accidents, 17% involved drivers with blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher.
How to File a Claim Against a Drunk Driver
Drunk driving is a clear act of negligence, and an intoxicated driver can be found liable in a car accident claim. Following a collision, you may be tempted to reach out to the driver’s insurance company on your own to file a claim, but this is a mistake. Insurance companies rarely offer fair and proper compensation to victims who do not have attorneys. The at-fault driver’s insurance will try to offer a small settlement that hardly covers the long-term costs of your injuries.
To get the highest possible award in a claim, you will need to work with an experienced attorney at The Husband & Wife Law Team. We have stood by many car accident victims and helped them get proper compensation for their injuries. Let us do the same for you.
As your attorney, we can:
- Investigate the driver who injured you
- Collect evidence of negligence
- Calculate the full costs of your injuries
- Handle all communication with the insurance company
- Negotiate for proper compensation
- Present your case in front of a jury, if necessary
Compassionate Representation After a Collision
After a serious accident caused by a drunk driver, your best course of action is to have an experienced Tucson personal injury lawyer file a claim on your behalf and assist through the process. Your attorney can thoroughly investigate your accident, build a strong case, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. Avoid speaking with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your own, and do not agree to give a recorded statement without your attorney present.
If you have been hurt in a collision caused by a drunk driver, reach out to The Husband & Wife Law Team. Mark Breyer is a certified injury and wrongful death specialist, a designation earned by less than 2% of all Arizona attorneys. We will use our expertise to fight to get you proper compensation in a personal injury claim. Call us today at (520) 624-4228 to get a free case evaluation.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer