Tucson Bad Weather Truck Accident Attorneys
How Trucking Accidents and Bad Weather Go Together
We see many trucking accidents where people are very seriously injured. Recent news reports have indicated an increase in the number of collisions during stormy weather. These accidents have led to a number of serious injuries and even some fatalities. These crashes happen not only because of bad weather but also because of driver negligence in poor conditions. Truck drivers tend to drive long hours and, many times, they are not ready to deal with the inclement weather.
Negligence in Poor Driving Conditions
Here are some of the most common situations that occur during bad weather that can lead to serious accidents with big rigs and other types of commercial trucks:
- Another motorist cuts off the truck driver who needs excessive stopping time on wet surfaces and hydroplanes, causing a severe rear-end accident
- The truck driver loses control in the bad weather because he cannot see or cannot keep the truck driving steady and either jackknifes or overturns
- Strong winds blow into the semi truck forcing it into another lane of traffic
- Truck driver falls asleep at the wheel
- Truck driver is unable to see in front of his vehicle and rear ends vehicle in front of his
- Truck driver changes lanes and in his blind spot is a vehicle that he would have otherwise seen
What Drivers Can Do to Prevent Trucking Collisions
Although bad weather can certainly exacerbate the effects of any trucking accident, many of these collisions are still preventable if truck drivers take proper precautions. Here are some of the best ways that truck drivers can protect themselves and other drivers on the road during bad weather conditions:
- If you feel your semi truck wobbling in the wind or being pushed into another lane, you should pull off the side of the road and away from traffic to wait out the winds.
- Slow down and remember that you will always need significantly more time than a car to reduce your speed.
- Don't drive when you can't see what's going on in front of you.
- Get plenty of sleep so you are not driving in excess of federal laws and statutes.
Benefits of Hiring Tucson Bad Weather Truck Accident Lawyers
If you are hurt in a trucking accident where bad weather played a role, you should still contact experienced lawyers to get advice on your Tucson injury claim. The Tucson bad weather truck accident attorneys at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. would help determine whether the truck driver was negligent in the collision and work with both the driver and the trucking company to get a fair settlement for your injuries and other damages.
Our settlements aim to pay for medical services, lost wages, repairs to your vehicle, and other damages. We provide free assessments to ensure that every case starts off right. Reach out to a Tucson injury lawyer at The Husband & Wife Law Team today by calling (520) 624-4228.