Yuma Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycles may only represent 1% of road traffic but account for 15% of the mortality rate. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Arizona ranks fifth as one of the most dangerous states for motorcyclists. In Yuma, motorcyclists face more hazards than those using other methods of travel, given the substantial lack of protections a motorcycle provides.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver, the experienced attorneys at The Husband & Wife Law Team could provide the skilled legal representation you need to get through this trying time. Our Yuma personal injury lawyers will treat you with the compassion and personalized attention you deserve. Call us today at (928) 277-0133 to schedule a consultation.
Passenger vehicles provide a substantial amount of protection for drivers and passengers. These vehicles have airbags, seatbelts, protection from a metal exterior, and four wheels, making them inherently more stable. Motorcycles do not provide any of these protections, leaving riders exposed. Even with the right protective gear, a motorcycle accident often leads to catastrophic or fatal injuries.
While riders must exercise caution, given the risks, it is also vital for other motorists to be alert to motorcyclists. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- When motorcyclists drive near parked cars, a door could swing open, resulting in an accident.
- Alcohol or drug use is one of the biggest causes of accidents. Motorcycles are already a little more challenging to see because of their size, so when a driver’s reflexes are compromised due to alcohol or drugs, it creates a dangerous situation.
- Speeding is another common cause of accidents. Both drivers of passenger vehicles and motorcycles should observe speed limits and exercise reasonable care.
- Although Arizona is no stranger to beautiful, sunny weather, it is not always safe to ride a motorcycle. Inclement weather, such as heavy rain, increases the likelihood of an accident.
- When passenger vehicles rear-end each other, it may not necessarily be devastating. When a car rear-ends a motorcycle, however, even at a relatively slow speed, it could result in serious injuries. Sudden stops and tailgating are other major causes of these accidents.
Many of the injuries commonly sustained in motorcycle accidents are severe, even life-altering. That is why it is important to obtain skilled representation after an accident. An experienced Yuma auto accident attorney could improve your chances of the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. Here are some of the most common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Severe burns
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Muscle injuries
Not all motorcycle accident survivors can achieve a full recovery from their injuries. Under these circumstances, compensation could cover the cost of your medical treatment, any assistive devices you may need, and any ongoing care that may be required. It could also cover reduced earning capacity, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more.
If you sustain injuries in a motorcycle accident, it is crucial to hire a knowledgeable personal injury attorney to handle your case. The Husband & Wife Law Team in Yuma could provide the legal guidance you need to navigate your claim. We understand the difficulties you are facing and are committed to ensuring this process goes as smoothly as possible, so you can get back on your feet. Call us today at (928) 277-0133 to schedule a consultation with a member of our team to get started.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.