Yuma Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Yuma, Arizona, stands out as a unique destination, often called “The Gateway to the Great Southwest” due to its rich culture and heritage that goes back hundreds of years. It is also called “The Sunniest City on Earth” due to its consistently dry, sunny climate.
Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park is an iconic historical landmark that draws many out-of-town visitors, and Castle Dome Mines Museum and Ghost Town provide visitors with a look into the mining past of Yuma. Combining the big city with a small-town feel, Yuma welcomes visitors and new residents. With an increasing population and many visitors to the town, the risk of pedestrian accidents increases.
Since 1996, The Husband & Wife Law Team has been committed to serving the Yuma community. Head attorney Mark Breyer has been recognized as a Certified Specialist of Injury and Wrongful Death Law by the State Bar of Arizona, with only 2.2% of Arizona attorneys having earned this designation.
At our firm, we take great pride in serving our clients and recovering millions in settlements on their behalf. When you hire us, you can count on receiving thorough communication regarding your case proceedings from start to finish.
Reach out to us now at (928) 277-0133 to receive a complimentary consultation.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents in Yuma may include:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted drivers pose an immediate danger to pedestrians when their attention wanders off the road. This is most commonly due to phone distractions such as texting, which significantly increases collision rates with pedestrians.
- Speeding: When speeding, drivers cannot react swiftly enough if unexpected situations arise, such as a pedestrian crossing the street. Accidents at crosswalks often happen as speeders fail to yield to them in time or fail to yield at crosswalks.
Other contributing causes for pedestrian accidents:
- Poor lighting: Infrastructure issues such as insufficient lighting can increase the risk of accidents by preventing drivers from seeing pedestrians until it is too late.
- Insufficient infrastructure: Without enough crosswalks and sidewalks in place, more pedestrians must venture onto roads, which increases risks further – city planning and maintenance can help to avoid many pedestrian accidents.
Pedestrians involved in accidents can suffer serious injuries, including:
- Broken Bones: Collisions can result in fractured and broken bones that require months for recovery or even multiple surgeries to heal. TBI: Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) often accompany pedestrian accidents, causing permanent impairment and lowering the victim’s quality of life, often permanently.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Severe accidents often involve spinal cord trauma that leads to paralysis that can require long-term care and lifestyle adjustments to live a full and independent life again.
Drivers may be held liable for pedestrian accidents if they do not use due diligence when operating their vehicles. Negligent actions may include speeding, failing to yield, and distracted driving.
Poor lighting and infrastructure issues could place liability on private property owners or local governments. Property owners must provide sufficient lighting to prevent accidents on their premises. This is also true for any poorly maintained roads or areas that lack pedestrian signage.
Potentially responsible parties include:
- City, country, or state government agencies
- State transportation departments
- Construction companies
- Individual drivers and property owners
After experiencing a pedestrian accident in Yuma, always put safety first and follow these steps:
- Make sure you are in a safe space as the top priority
- Seek medical help immediately in case of injury
- Collect contact info (document the accident scene and interview witnesses to collect contact info for future reference)
- Take photographs at the accident site to preserve evidence
- Keep records (of both your injuries and medical expenses to support claims made against the responsible parties)
- Our Yuma personal injury lawyers focus on personal injury and can do the following actions:
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Filing your claim and providing all relevant evidence
- Protecting your rights throughout the claims process
- Engaging experts to support your claim
- Ensuring the legal process goes smoothly and efficiently
- Reduce stress by overseeing the legal aspects of your case
If you or your child suffered serious injuries in a pedestrian accident, The Husband & Wife Law Team is ready to provide you with unwavering support and legal guidance. Our Yuma pedestrian injury attorneys are here to help you navigate the complexities of your case and pursue the compensation you rightfully deserve.
You can trust in our commitment to justice, and let us fight for your rights every step of the way. Take action now and reach out to us at (928) 277-0133 for a free consultation— your recovery starts here.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.